APEC Event held successfully in Nha Trang
APEC (Asia – Pacific Economic Cooperation) is a regional economic forum established in 1989 to leverage the growing interdependence of the Asia-Pacific region.
The 25th APEC summit is the 25th APEC is being held this year in Vietnam, and is a great chance for the country to promote its image of a dynamic country in reform and international integration, especially in the tourism sector. Nearly 2,500 participants and international reporters arrived in Nha Trang with nearly 100 meetings taking place around the coastal resort. In Nha Trang, The first Senior Officials’ Meeting (SOM1) was hosted with great success.
Nearly 2,500 participants and international reporters arrived in Nha Trang with nearly 100 meetings taking place around the coastal resort. In Nha Trang, the first Senior Officials’ Meeting (SOM1) and other relevant meetings took place from 18th February- 3rd March. It helped to showcase Nha Trang as a great tourism location to representatives from the 21 Apec member states. The main focus of the talks was on:
- APEC’s common need seeking new dynamism for the region’s economic integration, connectivity, and growth, “Creating a new driving force for a common future” was proposed as the main theme of APEC this time.
- Promoting Sustainable, Innovative and Inclusive Growth
- Deepening regional economic integration
- Strengthening MSMEs Competitiveness and Innovation in the Digital Age
- Enhancing Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in Response to Climate Change
Five of the city’s best hotels including Intercontinental Nha Trang, Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa and VinPear were chosen to host the conference talks. APEC delegates were also invited to visit four destinations in Nha Trang including Ponagar Towers, Hon Chong, the Alexandre Yersin Museum, and an agarwood processing center.
Considered one of the most important events for the country this year, APEC 2017 will be a year-long event held across multiple Vietnamese cities and provinces with about 200 activities, including eight ministerial-level conferences. It will culminate with the APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting in Da Nang from November 5 to 11.
Image Credits – SHERATON NHA TRANG HOTEL & SPA