FREE SCREENING SERVICE CHRONIC VENOUS INSUFFICIENCY
On Saturday, 10th December, Vinmec Nha Trang International Hospital is conducting a seminar and free screening day for anyone affected by the condition. Visitors are invited to attend the seminar where Dr. Le Huu Dong, Head of General Internal Medicine will present information regarding modern treatment methods for chronic venous insufficiency.
In addition, a team of specialists will meet patients to offer them FREE SCREENING using Doppler Ultrasound, and advice on new treatment methods to those affected by it.
CHRONIC VENOUS INSUFFICIENCY
Chronic Venous Insufficiency is an annoying and often unsightly condition whereby veins, particularly in the legs and feet, can become swollen or enlarged. This causes them to turn a bluish purple color which can result in pain and cramps, and can affect mobility.
Up to 3 in 10 people are affected by it, with women more susceptible to it than men. Other symptoms of varicose veins include:
- Swollen legs and feet
- Muscle Cramps
- Aches and Pains
- Dry Skin and color change in the lower legs
What Causes Chronic Venous Insufficiency?
- Old Age (Elderly people are susceptible to the condition as the heart becomes less efficient at pumping blood through the veins)
- Sedentary Lifesyle (Office workers or people who spend long periods of time inactive)
- Pregnancy (Pregnant women are more likely to have varicose veins. Multiple pregnancies and a short duration between pregnancy increases the likelyhood of suffering from Varicose Veins)
- Obesity (Leads to reduced blood circulation)
- Smoking (Causes blockages that reduce blood flow)
- Genetics (Varicose veins are often related to genetics and can be hereditary)
Recent, advanced techniques have been developed to easily and quickly treat the disease using a painless catheter insertion combined with EVRF (Endovenous Radio Frequency). Small radio waves are pulsed into the veins which cause the coagulated blood present in varicose veins to break up and return to normal.
SEMINAR & SCREENING – TREATMENT OF CHRONIC VENOUS INSUFFICIENCY
Location: VINMEC International Hospital Nha Trang – 42A Tran Phu St, Vinh Nguyen Ward, Nha Trang.
Time: Saturday 10th December 2016 – 8.30am
To Register: Call 058 3900 168 – Booking is required
Seminar is limited to 60 people